Ready to meet business professionals and startups like you in a business casual, social environment where there is no judgment, no clicks, and zero business cards? Just good conversation, education, inspiration and learning from other entrepreneurs like you?
The quarterly Social Connect Business Happy Hour is designed for startups and business professionals to create more meaningful connections, engage, learn from one another, get inspired and support a local nonprofit.
Who is this event designed for?
* Founders and startups of their own “unique” businesses, aspiring entrepreneurs
* Business professionals, executive directors of nonprofits, C-level/C-suite executives
* Like-minded people looking to create and cultivate better working relationships
Cost: $20/person (space is limited; must pre-register to ensure your spot in); $25 at the door
* Invaluable and meaningful connections
* Networking with a Purpose pre-event presentation with Tisha (4pm to 4:45pm)
* Success over Struggle Speaker Panel where three executives/founders share their biggest fail, how they overcame it and inspirational life lessons
* Light appetizers and non-alcoholic beverages courtesy of our event sponsor Dave & Busters Tempe
* Happy hour drink specials
* 10% of your tab donated to Dave & Busters local charity of the month
* A list of all contacts in the room that night to follow up and connect with (emailed within 72 hours following the event)
* Links to event photos and the Success over Struggle video to refer back to (emailed within 72 hours following the event)
* Invitation to join the Social Connect for Business Professionals Group on LinkedIn
* Special discounts and resources from our collaborative partners and sponsors
Social Connect Do’s:
Our mission with this event is to create an environment where like-minded entrepreneurs and business professionals come to connect, learn, and engage, not to be sold to or recruited. In an effort to preserve the quality of the event, we’ve come up with a handful of do’s to ensure you get the most out of your Social Connect experience.
1. Own your insecurities, doubts and fears. There is absolutely no judgment here.
2. Grow your connections, not your pipeline.
3. Intend to offer support and learn from one another, not hand out business cards. In fact, there is no need for business card passing. Everyone will receive a list of names of who was in the room that night following the event.
4. Be open and honest. You’re not here to recruit and sell.
5. Have genuine personal conversations (no date requests and no 30-second elevator pitches please), where you actually get to know the person you’re talking to.
6. Promote yourself and what you stand for, not your business.
Save the Date!
Tuesday, April 30, 2019
4pm – 7pm
Dave & Busters Rooftop
2000 E Rio Salado Pkwy
Tempe, AZ 85281
Read what our guests say about the Social Connect Happy Hour:
"Kudos to Tisha Marie Pelletier for championing this unique get-together concept, and to the inspiring (and fun) speaker panel. This was my first event, didn't know anyone, and walked away really enjoying the differentiated conversations I had. Look forward to the next one!"
- Ariella LaBell
"Tisha Marie Pelletier has created an awesome, rewarding and reaffirming opportunity for entrepreneurs and small businesses to share ideas, struggles and successes to benefit all of us. I'm already looking forward to the next one!"
- Kyle Timmons
"This was a great meeting put together by Tisha. Thank you for your passion to connect people. This is one of five meetings that I’ve had with people I’ve met from the different events that you’ve had. All of us are like-minded business people wanting to support one another. This would not of happened without you and I really appreciate it. Look forward to the next Social Connect event."
- Cricket Barrientos
"Thank you for the invite, it was refreshing and inspiring and I am so glad I attended. I am a firm believer in everything happens for a reason. I know this sounds cliche but it rings true to me. There is a reason why you were one of our guest speakers at the Women in Business mentorship meeting, where I recently took a leap of faith to be a part of. I have had a wonderful year of personal growth and excited to begin my next adventure.
In today’s environment you don’t meet many people that are selfless, I find them to be a rare these days, (at least in my experiences). In the short time connecting with you, I have seen this shine through. You can hear it your storytelling and yesterday in that moment when you knew my last name and the name of my plus one. I was taken by surprise and impressed-all in the the same instance. This gesture was the embodiment of care. The kind of care that cannot be taught but simply lives within ones spirit.
Congrats to you for your launch of genuine connection!"
- Nora Berry
"Hey Tisha, just wanted to say thanks for putting together that networking event last night. It was a refreshing change of pace to have an event where everyone seemed more genuine and not just trying to pitch their services! Looking forward to attending more events like that in the future."
- Dan Bergano
"Thank you for organizing the Social Connect Event! I met several interesting people and gained some great advice. Most interestingly was my conversation with Tim. Couldn't have done this without you. Grateful. Looking forward to the next one!"
- Monica Baird
Watch all Success over Struggle™ panels and interviews with our speakers at SuccessoverStruggle.com and stay tuned for the Success over Struggle™ Podcast coming soon!
Special Thanks to Our Social Connect Partners: